Danau Beratan Bedugul and Tanah Lot Temple tour
Pick up 9 am at your hotel
Main itinerary: Tanah Lot, Bedugul Temple, Butterfly Park and Candikuning Market.
During the tour you will see:
• Tanah Lot Temple: Tanah Lot Temple is one of Bali’s most important landmarks, famed for its unique offshore setting and sunset backdrops. An ancient Hindu shrine perched on top of an outcrop amidst constantly crashing waves; Tanah Lot Temple is simply among Bali’s not-to-be-missed icons.
• Danau Beratan Bedugul temple: Ulun Danu Beratan, literally ‘the source temple of Lake Beratan’, is easily the island’s most iconic sanctuary sharing the scenic qualities with the seaside temples of Uluwatu and Tanah Lot. The smooth reflective surface of the lake surrounding most of the temple’s base creates a unique floating impression, while the mountain range of the Bedugul region encircling the lake provides the temple with a scenic backdrop.
• Butterfly Park:The park collects some different colorful variety of butterflies. You can see and observe them feeding and flying all around. Occasionally some butterflies are resting on the leaves of the plants and it gives you taking a picture opportunity on them.
• Candikuning Market: The Candi Kuning Market, which locals refer to as Pasar Merta Sari Candi Kuning, or simply ‘Pasar Bedugul’, is one of two main markets in the Bedugul area. Candi Kuning Market mostly boasts local farm produce, such as flowers and a wide range of tropical fruits (mangosteen, bananas, tamarillos, tangerines and, most importantly, strawberries – the prize produce of Bedugul.
Then heading back to the hotel.
Good to know before you go:
* Don’t forget your camera for the spectacular spots in the tour
* Most of the attractions provide sarong free of charge for the time of the visit or max 10k IDR for the rental.
* I suggest to buy one on the way, its useful in the future on the beach or any other temples to enter.
* Cover your knees and shoulders in the temples
* Always carry a bit of cash with you. It will come handy when you decide to buy a coconut, grilled corn on the cob or a sarong on the beach or before the temple. Tipping the staff at the hotel, spa and restaurant is also usually done in cash.
* Be prepared for waterfalls visits if you would like to swim take some towels with you.
* IF the trip includes trekking, then wear some comfortable shoes or sandals, but in Indonesia flip-flops are also great.