ULUWATU TEMPLE HALF DAY TOUR
***PLEASE MESSAGE ME BEFORE BOOKING TO MAKE SURE ABOUT THE AVAILABILITY.***
The temple (pura in Balinese) is built at the edge (ulu) of a 70 meter high cliff or rock (watu) projecting into the sea. Though a small temple was claimed to have existed earlier, the structure was significantly expanded by a Javanese sage, Empu Kuturan in the 11th Century. Another sage from East Java, Dang Hyang Nirartha is credited for constructing the padmasana shrines and it is said that he attained moksha here, an event called ngeluhur. A Kecak dance performance based on the Ramayana is performed daily in Uluwatu temple at every 6pm on the cliff-side.
During the tour you will see:
Pura Luhur Uluwatu, is one of the must-see temples in Bali, second to Tanah Lot in the western coast of the Tabanan regency. The temple sits on the south-western edge of a limestone cliff that is surrounded by a forest, home to hordes of grey long-tailed macaques. The surf breaks near Uluwatu is also named after the temple, which is part of the premier surfing playgrounds of the island’s southern coast. During the evenings, the cliff temple and setting sun serve as a wonderful background to the kecak dances that are regularly held at the open-air theatre, located only several hundred meters south of the complex.
Good to know before you go:
• Don’t forget your camera for the spectacular spots in the tour
• Most of the attractions provide sarong free of charge for the time of the visit or max 10k IDR for the rental.
• I suggest to buy one on the way, its useful in the future on the beach or any other temples to enter.
• Cover your knees and shoulders in the temples
• Always carry a bit of cash with you. It will come handy when you decide to buy a coconut, grilled corn on the cob or a sarong on the beach or before the temple. Tipping the staff at the hotel, spa and restaurant is also usually done in cash.
• Be prepared for waterfalls visits if you would like to swim take some towels with you.
• IF the trip includes trekking, then wear some comfortable shoes or sandals, but in Indonesia flip-flops are also great.
This package starting at 03.00 pm and finish at 07.30 pm.